Thoughts on Kaplan's Critical Reasoning questions...

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Anyone else find Kaplan's critical reasoning questions to be way off and, at times, even wrong? I went throught the official verbal guide and got 95% of the CR questions right. Now Im going through Kaplan's practice exams and quizzes and it seems like their CR content is just way off. Some of their correct answers become completelyout of scope when you start paying attention to extreme words (ALL, MUST, VAST MAJORITY etc.. )

Thoughts would be much appreciated...

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by umeshpatil » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:11 am
Hello Topspin360,

I would suggest to study Manhattan GMAT after you done with the study through OG.

Kaplan problems are formed with much higher level of difficulty.So, it becomes uneasy to understand at first.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by ankita1709 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:23 am
topspin360 wrote:Anyone else find Kaplan's critical reasoning questions to be way off and, at times, even wrong? I went throught the official verbal guide and got 95% of the CR questions right. Now Im going through Kaplan's practice exams and quizzes and it seems like their CR content is just way off. Some of their correct answers become completelyout of scope when you start paying attention to extreme words (ALL, MUST, VAST MAJORITY etc.. )

I was going through the Kaplan RC problems and I think they have the similar problem too.. Way off and sometimes the answer doesn't seem right
Ankita

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:51 pm
topspin360 wrote:Anyone else find Kaplan's critical reasoning questions to be way off and, at times, even wrong? I went throught the official verbal guide and got 95% of the CR questions right. Now Im going through Kaplan's practice exams and quizzes and it seems like their CR content is just way off. Some of their correct answers become completelyout of scope when you start paying attention to extreme words (ALL, MUST, VAST MAJORITY etc.. )

Hi topspin,

Here at Kaplan stand by the quality of our materials; we rigorously review our questions, and on the rare occasion that an error slips through the cracks, we're usually able to correct our online resources quickly. But all that said, I'm sorry that you're having trouble with our CR stuff! Can you PM me or post some of the problems that are giving you trouble? I'd be happy to share Kaplan's reasoning behind its questions and answers, and report anything that turns out to actually be a mistake.

I hope this helps, and thanks for choosing Kaplan's materials!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage