This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT advice

by mohitbaid » Thu May 31, 2012 6:57 am
I took the GMAT a few days back. My score was a follows

Total 710
Quantitative 51
Verbal 34

I am considering to apply to business school this fall. My target business schools include Darden, Tuck, Kellogg and (a dream's choice) Stanford.

A brief background: Indian male, 25 years, Professional experience: 1. two years in a public accounting firm, 2. One year in the finance controllers division of a global Investment Bank 3. Two years in the family business of logistics. Educational background: Bachelors in Commerce from a top tier college in India, Chartered Accountant (equivalent of US CPA), CFA Level II candidate. Extra curricular activities: Active volunteer in GreenPeace, on the managing committee of the City Chapter of a national entrepreneurship promoting initiative, advisory role in matters of accounts and taxation for several startups in the IT, healthcare and education sectors.

I am a bit apprehensive about my Verbal score. Considering my target business schools, would you recommend I take the GMAT once again? Moreover, since I belong to an over-represented portion of the entire applicant pool, my apprehension is all the more escalated.

Thanks in advance.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:05 pm
Hi mohitbaid,

You have strong GMAT score. If you believe you can improve your score by 40+ points, it might be worth retaking, but otherwise I recommend you focus on other areas of your application. You should not underestimate the importance of your personal essays and recommendations.

Best,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by manishuol » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:50 am
Hi Stacey,

PLease help !! I'm an Indian student preparing for GMAT from last 45 days. I'm somewhat afraid of the test. I'm following Manhatten GMAT. I wanna score more than 700. Please advise me something. Thanks in Advance !!