GMAT Study-Books Opinions?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GMAT Study-Books Opinions?

by flippin15 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:30 pm
I know there is a lot of information on here about what books to purchase, but I want to get YOUR personal opinions.

I am looking for books that explain the different types of questions / problems that will be presented on the test. Thus far it seems that the books I've picked up only have questions and answers (and a small explanation). However, it doesn't give me anything to look for / any strategies for solving the problems.

For example: a lot of the math problems look familiar, however, I cannot remember ANY of the rules that I learned in my math courses!

What books are best for explaining and finding strategies for answering the questions?

Thanks so much for your help.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by agarwalva » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:57 pm
flippin15 wrote:I know there is a lot of information on here about what books to purchase, but I want to get YOUR personal opinions.

I am looking for books that explain the different types of questions / problems that will be presented on the test. Thus far it seems that the books I've picked up only have questions and answers (and a small explanation). However, it doesn't give me anything to look for / any strategies for solving the problems.

For example: a lot of the math problems look familiar, however, I cannot remember ANY of the rules that I learned in my math courses!

What books are best for explaining and finding strategies for answering the questions?

Thanks so much for your help.
This is what i would do

math--> manhattan guides
verbal --> SC manhattan
CR - powerscore
RC - Manhattan
OG 12 and 13
Verbal and quant review
Kaplan 800
maths - Advanced maths Manhattan

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by flippin15 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:30 pm
Thanks for the reply agarwalvda.

Anybody else want to voice their opinions? I'm looking for books to refresh my memory in both quant and verbal!

Thanks again!