QUERY ABOUT ISB Hyderabad

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

QUERY ABOUT ISB Hyderabad

by Shuvajoy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:39 am
Hello everyone,
I'm totally new to GMAT preparation. So i thought this might be a good place to start off.. I was browsing through the names of the B-schools in India that accept GMAT score and based on the reviews,I found out that ISB is a good one. But it says that at least 2 Years of Job Experience is mandatory for admission. I have a doubt regarding this. Does this mean that the aspirant should possess the experience IMMEDIATELY after graduation?? Or whether the only thing that matters is the experience, and not when that experience was gained?? Actually I graduated in English Literature in 2008. But didn't engage myself in any kind of job as I was busy preparing for other competitive exams. So i'm a bit worried about the admission criteria in ISB..
Please send me your feedback
Thanx in advance

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by iwillsurvive101 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:39 am
Generally when a school says that they require minimum 2 years of work-ex - they mean it literally. Getting into a good B-School without some solid work experience is going to be extremely hard. 2 Years is actually not much of an ask, there are other schools with average 5-8 years of work-ex requirements.

If I were you, I would get involved with some organization asap, while prepare for GMAT. That way, you can at least a year of work-ex by the time you apply.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Shuvajoy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:23 am
Thanks so much man..Really appreciate it..