Schools open to older candidates like 33-35 years? PLZ HELP

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Admission for aspirants who are in 30 - 35 years category with experience from 8 - 12 years I see is quite difficult, there are only few schools which are open to accepting older candidates.

I am talking strictly of Full Time options here, not EMBAs.

I have a GMAT score of 680, with that score roughly and assuming a fairly decent profile in terms of work ex, and international exposure can someone provide inputs on top b-schools who are open to evaluating older age candidates.

I have heard of IMD, and INSEAD are open to older candidates, and I have heard of the Sloan MIT/LBS/Stanford programs also.... but any others that you can help add to the list, would be really grateful

Both 2 years and 1 year programs are fine, but please list from only the top 20-30 bschools.

Once again would appreciate any comments from folks on this forum and experts

Thanks
Kaps

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by mausam.deb » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:55 pm
Are you planning for USA MBA only or have an eye on EU MBAs as well? 30/31 is almost standards for all EU mbas. You can try those

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by OnlineStudent » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:27 am
kaps786 wrote:Admission for aspirants who are in 30 - 35 years category with experience from 8 - 12 years I see is quite difficult, there are only few schools which are open to accepting older candidates.

I am talking strictly of Full Time options here, not EMBAs.

I have a GMAT score of 680, with that score roughly and assuming a fairly decent profile in terms of work ex, and international exposure can someone provide inputs on top b-schools who are open to evaluating older age candidates.

I have heard of IMD, and INSEAD are open to older candidates, and I have heard of the Sloan MIT/LBS/Stanford programs also.... but any others that you can help add to the list, would be really grateful

Both 2 years and 1 year programs are fine, but please list from only the top 20-30 bschools.

Once again would appreciate any comments from folks on this forum and experts

Thanks
Kaps
Hi Kaps,

Why would you not want an EMBA? They're designed for experienced professionals just like you. There are many advantages that EMBAs program students get to enjoy that regular MBA students don't - 1) Classes and Teaching Style, 2) Level of Service, and 3) Your Coursemates.

For EMBA programs, the school usually send their best professors to that usually consists of experts and academics - senior level, PhDs, internationally-recognized industry experts, and award winning teachers.

Some business schools offer a high level of service to EMBA students, such as managing their logistics, for example providing all the books, materials, lunches, tea breaks so that all the student needs to do is study.

Also student composition of the classes are very different - in EMBA, you are not only learning from the Professor but also from everyone in your class.

Here's a relevant article that I think you'll find helpful - Difference between EMBA and MBA. Let me know your thoughts.

For more related information about the MBA programs that you can enroll in in Singapore, take a look here - MBA in Singapore
Last edited by OnlineStudent on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaguy2012 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:16 pm
Ashridge in the UK could be a very good option too.

Followed by:2 members

by sieken » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:07 pm
check out MBA Over 30's blog:

https://mbaover30.com/

Great read -

by campbellronald7 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:55 am
Sieken beat me to it, I was going to link to MBA Over 30. This will hopefully be your best resource! I used it before attending a Boston business school. Initially I tried asking for help in forums but no one was sure. Best of luck!