Profile Evaluation Request

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Profile Evaluation Request

by shashanksrelativity » Mon May 07, 2012 11:34 pm
Hi

Aim is to join in the fall of 2013. My under-grad finished in June 2009.
Acads
GMAT - 750. (V - 42, Q - 50) AWA - 6/6
TOEFL - 120.
CGPA - 8.7/10 (places me at the top 15-20% of the entire branch, top 10% in the class)

Work-ex
Cisco Systems - 1 year (2009-2010). Awarded a star. First up for a promotion. Topped yearly statistics. Awarded a great rating etc etc.

Abhitech Energycon - 2 years this June. (2010-2012) This is a rather small firm, and I made the switch because of my MBA aspirations. You know the drill, small firm larger exposure. And thats exactly what I have managed. I am working at a level answering to just the Board of Directors. I have been the youngest of every post held by me. Individually contributed significantly to the firm's revenue. Travelled 15 countries in Europe and both the Americas. Multi-tasked immensely. A lot of responsibility, leadership etc. By the time I join a school, I would be 3yrs old here, so a total of 4yrs work-ex. I understand its not above avg, but I have really toiled hard to compensate for that in regards to the QUALITY of work-ex.

Extra-curiculars
Lead the most successful dance group in college.
Won IQ competitions. Wrote for the year books. Have done quite some volunteering since graduating. Been editor + director of comunity service at Rotaract. Long distance runner. Astronomy buff. Taken classes. Taught under-privileged since my own late teens. Built robots etc.

There maybe some small bits I am missing but this should be 90-95% of the package.
Going with my score, I was really wishing for programs like Harvard Wharton MIT Stanford Columbia Booth Berkeley and the like. What do you think are my chances? Any suggestions apart from these schools? Am I over-dreaming? Where can I further strengthen my application?

I would be much obliged if I could have your thoughts here.
Thanks so much
Shashank

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Sun May 20, 2012 10:10 pm
Hi shashanksrelativity,

Congratulations on your great GMAT score. Your numbers indicate that you have the intellect and focus to thrive in a top tier MBA program. Nothing about your story makes me think there is any reason why you cannot be admitted, but nothing stands out telling me why you should be admitted. All of the reasons why a top program would admit you are in the details of your work experience, personal experiences, personality, values and overall story.

Here is some school specific advice for the programs you have listed:

Stanford: https://www.stacyblackman.com/business-s ... -business/
Harvard: https://www.stacyblackman.com/business-s ... ss-school/

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me