GMAT - forwarding results to schools

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT - forwarding results to schools

by JARoberts » Wed May 09, 2012 7:03 am
I am writing the GMAT on Friday and don't know if I should be sending the results to schools. I have not yet applied, and likely won't be applying until the first or second round.

Given those facts, should I list schools to have the results sent to?

I don't imagine schools would keep GMAT scores on file though without an application, so it seems like I should just skip that section. Still, it seems worth checking; I'd rather not have to pay for all of the reports that I will send out if I can avoid it.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Community Manager
Followed by:27 members
GMAT Score:710

by dmateer25 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:54 am
Yes, send your scores to the schools when you take the GMAT! If you don't, you will have to pay $28 per school later.

I took the GMAT in 2010 and sent my scores then. The schools still had the score when I applied this year, so don't worry about that.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by olimpic » Sun May 20, 2012 9:57 pm
I think you can choose 4-5 schools to send your scores to on the day of the test, and later you can order score report and send to additional schools but it will cost you.
By the way, I read a few days ago that the GRE will give you the option of sending to schools only one of your tests instead of your entire tests history.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Sheriff » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:11 pm
Yep, that is correct. You can read all about it in the GMAT official site.