Future MBA aspirant

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Future MBA aspirant

by Akshit Goel » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:37 am
Hi,
I will be graduating in Civil Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi(IIT Delhi) in August this year. My GPA is 7.5/10 which was mainly due to my poor performance in the first year. I have secured a job with a futures trading firm. I plan to do my MBA after gaining 2 years of work experience and also intend to give the CFA level 1 examination in the meanwhile. I havent given my GMAT yet.

Can you please suggest some ways to compensate for my average GPA in these 2 years so I dont face much hassles in getting admission at that time? Also, does clearing CFA help? How useful is the trading experience? Also, please suggest some good European B-schools which can grant admission to a person with a similar profile as mine.
Thanks a lot ! :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:31 am
Hi Akshit Goel,

Here is a case study about how one candidate addressed a low GPA: https://www.stacyblackman.com/comprehens ... ies/case5/

Regarding CFA and trading experience, these show an MBA admissions team you have the work ethic and ability to handle a rigorous curriculum. However, remember that admissions teams are looking to cultivate future leaders, so they will be looking for leadership and management experience. I recommend you look for ways to build upon this, inside or outside of work.

Best,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me