Profile: 12 yrs prof experience (Innovation/Tech)

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I have 12 years prof experience : 8 yrs with tech companies in software/IT services and 3 years in Consulting. (Most of my prof. exp. is with good tech companies. Couple of years in beginning on product side.)

- I am certified Project manager with 4 years experience in PM.
- I have B.Tech in technology good ( tier II) university from India. I had scored more than 80% science & Maths subjects during High school. I had some tough years with B Tech including due to misc issues wrt health with low GPA.
- I am inclined towards part time MBA so I had applied part time program in california and couple full time programs. I want to start the MBA in Fall of 2012.

- I had detailed communication with university and applied only after initial assessment of my profile. The universities was very optimistic as they mentioned about professional experience with good companies but then after the evaluation, they asked to retake the GMAT (target score of 50 points more) citing my GPA between 2.5 to 3.00. Consequently, I end up wasting three months or precious time.

- I found university took application fees and end up rejecting the application. It has occurred with two universities but I am suspecting same pattern. I don't want to waste another four/five months and money to find out after 2 months about rejection. I would have reappeared for GMAT (possible better score) by then. My mistake was that I depended on one univ. as they were very friendly and promising.

When I briefly mentioned about past medical issues, the university most likely knew about it (search on my profile or fbook contacts??) Is Univ. get in previous personnel records? They said that now you should prove better performance.

I have a private university (in first 50) promising some scholarship but tuition fees are more than $100K. I am open to other US states (universities). Since I have more than 12 years Prof. Experience, I would like to get MBA (Innovation, Tech mgmt) from good university. I shouldn't be wasting another month to apply and ask for recommendations, numerous essays etc.

I am getting skeptical (start imagining) even to apply now. Please advise if any possible decent universities (with part time programs) with current profile or the secondly reappear in GMAT. I am also dependent on Federal or other loans. Can I ask for pre-assessment of my profile before wasting months on it?

thanks for giving your time.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:35 am
Ashok005,

What was your GMAT score? Can you list the part-time MBA programs you are currently interested in? In general, part-time MBA programs will focus more on your work experience than they will on your GMAT score and undergraduate record.

Best,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Ashok005 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:30 am
Thanks. My GMAT score is 530. I have worked many years in CA. I am open to other states. I am interested in weekend MBA program from good university and program ( such as Entrepreneurship, Strategy or general cohort program. (Few univ. have suggested executive program).

I had good grades in high school (80% & above) but B.Tech was a different story as part of my performance suffered due to some reasons beyond my control. Again I have various certifications including Project Management.

Tut-ion fees in CA is my concern too. I am open to pretty much anywhere in US that has good job prospects and moderate cost of living. I would like to begin in Fall'12 and settle down in the neighborhood. Univ. in CA, Texas, Colorado, Boston etc comes to mind. I would appreciate if you could suggest me some good universities (say in first 100).

thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:23 am
Hi Ashok005,

To be competitive to most MBA programs, I recommend you take the GMAT test again. Remember that your highest score is self-reported on your application, so admissions teams will focus on your best score.

If you decide to take the test again, here is some free GMAT advice: https://www.stacyblackman.com/gmat-overview/

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me