my story in gmat failure(550,590,590)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

my story in gmat failure(550,590,590)

by arghya05 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:34 am
My story is similar to yours very similar indeed.I am preparing for gmat from 2010 and i did not paid single attention to my work.i was so desperate that i took 1 month leave and gave gmat, score 560(maths 46, verbal 22). i was shocked i gave Manhattan test and my average score will hover around 650 to 720.i was kicked out from my current project(i work for TCS).luckly i took a project that had minimal work responsibility and decided to prepare again, i took knewton course and solved 1000rc,cr,rc i even solved all lsat paper(from 1980),og 12 i had already solved(including og verbal), i solved og before 4 times.After 8 months i gave gmat in 2011. everybody in my project knew about my gmat preparation i cancelled by HIB processing and several onsite chance.I tool a 14 days leave and again gave gmat score
590(maths 44, verbal 27).I was panicked angry frustrated all my friendz who began MBA preparation even passed MBA.I was desperate and i applied for AIM manilla. I cracked AIM test and in the mean time i gave GMAT. I took e-gmat course,master gmat course,gave several exam all exam 720+.i understood me-gmat funda of understanding the meaning. i gave gmat after sitting in bench for 5 months score 590(maths 45 verbal 28). i felt that gmat is not a cup of my tea.I wasted my 2 years in gmat preperation and my professonal progress was nill.as usual i was rejected in interview in AIM manilla.I dont not understand what to do,why i cant crack gmat, which many people are cracking with 2 months preperation.i dont not know why my maths and verbal score are stuck.I have become a secluded person and i dont interact with ny person also, my job is also killing me.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by jitin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:45 am
.xls
Last edited by jitin on Fri May 18, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by jaijune » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:16 pm
Hi dude,
Don't give up for GMAT preparation.
You might have gain lot of knowledge and experience in GMAT subjects.
So my suggestion is give the priority to your office work also.
Don't say to anyone about uour GMAT preparation,see the below quote from
Pursuit of happiness movie.
https://www.great-quotes.com/quote/2008197

Are you doing physical exercises like jogging to be active in your work?
Meditation will help you in getting peaceful mind and new energy.
Be a voracious reader,improve your English skills, even to writing also.
PASSION and FOCUS towards work will lead towards SUCCESS.
All the best.

by ashoksomala » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:39 am
Give one more try .. This time follow a particular schedule,so you would not have to take long leave.

by moneymoney » Sun May 13, 2012 9:54 am
Hey Brother - I really appreciate your courage and determination to do something meaning ful that you came out to people to help you with things. Trust me there are many who just sit down and never come up to ask for help after a downtime.
I also got in a situation of a very tough project - made me work continuosly for 2 days often without slee and GMAT prep going alongside. After four months we succeeded in the project though I ended up in hospital twice. After few months GMAT also went great. Now I am struggling with few rejections but sure that I will get through with continuous attempts.

Tough times will never last just keep trying and just focus on the things of high priority - health, GMAT, job and a little fun. Nothing else for a while!

All the best! Remember bschool is definitely a good platform but not an end to life! Life can be much more beautiful without business education also!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:770

by gmat_and_me » Mon May 14, 2012 6:16 am
Hello Arghya05,

My sympathies. I know that you must have gone through a torrid time. I can
only ask you to look at the positive side of things which is that your quant
score is pretty good. I'm sure with concentrated efforts you can probably score
more in quant. Your verbal is clearly a concern.

If you are planning to take one more GMAT, you clearly need some strategy towards
attacking verbal. Can you please tell us the study materials that you are using ?
What is your learning methodology in verbal ? How good are you in spoken/written
English ? Do you read books and/or English news papers ?

You may also look at joining some class room courses if you have not joined some.
Learning in a group might just get your spirits and your education up.

While I'm not an expert (and hence no guarantees), I can work with you provided
my professional and personal commitments permit me (this purely on a best effort
basis).

Please relax first and have an unshakable belief that you can get your desired
score. GMAT is a test and can be conquered if you are committed, honest and sincere
(you need to ask yourself whether you were...).

Cheers
arghya05 wrote:My story is similar to yours very similar indeed.I am preparing for gmat from 2010 and i did not paid single attention to my work.i was so desperate that i took 1 month leave and gave gmat, score 560(maths 46, verbal 22). i was shocked i gave Manhattan test and my average score will hover around 650 to 720.i was kicked out from my current project(i work for TCS).luckly i took a project that had minimal work responsibility and decided to prepare again, i took knewton course and solved 1000rc,cr,rc i even solved all lsat paper(from 1980),og 12 i had already solved(including og verbal), i solved og before 4 times.After 8 months i gave gmat in 2011. everybody in my project knew about my gmat preparation i cancelled by HIB processing and several onsite chance.I tool a 14 days leave and again gave gmat score
590(maths 44, verbal 27).I was panicked angry frustrated all my friendz who began MBA preparation even passed MBA.I was desperate and i applied for AIM manilla. I cracked AIM test and in the mean time i gave GMAT. I took e-gmat course,master gmat course,gave several exam all exam 720+.i understood me-gmat funda of understanding the meaning. i gave gmat after sitting in bench for 5 months score 590(maths 45 verbal 28). i felt that gmat is not a cup of my tea.I wasted my 2 years in gmat preperation and my professonal progress was nill.as usual i was rejected in interview in AIM manilla.I dont not understand what to do,why i cant crack gmat, which many people are cracking with 2 months preperation.i dont not know why my maths and verbal score are stuck.I have become a secluded person and i dont interact with ny person also, my job is also killing me.