Query Regarding Purchasing Books

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Query Regarding Purchasing Books

by tarungupta » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:42 am
I am interested in purchasing the Manhattan Sentence Correction Guide and getting access to the Manhattan GMAT test series. I was thinking of purchasing the SC book from the website itself where it costs $26, but its delivery charges alone are about $36 in my country (India). The website also lists retailers in India from whom I can buy the book. My doubt is if I buy the book from any of these retailers would I still get access to the test series.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:2 members

by manhattanprep » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:49 am
Thanks for your interest in our material! As long as you purchase a new copy of the book, you will get access to the online computer adaptive tests. Each book comes with a unique code, so if you buy a used copy of the book, chances are the code will have been used and the access will have expired. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Matt
The world leader in GMAT test prep. We believe test prep should be real education. Your education begins here.

by tarungupta » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:03 am
Thanks Matt for your reply. I have one more question. Is there any way I can verify the authenticity of the book and whether it is new by looking at it.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:2 members

by manhattanprep » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:49 pm
Officially, there's no way to verify the authenticity. However, new books will have scratch off stickers inside the back cover that are not scratched off. If the sticker is scratched off, then it's probably used. Hope that helps!

Thanks again,
Matt
The world leader in GMAT test prep. We believe test prep should be real education. Your education begins here.

by tarungupta » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:23 am
Thanks again Matt for your help, it is much appreciated.