Need help with SC

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Need help with SC

by sgadipat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:31 pm
Hello experts,

My exam date is 17th April (2weeks to go). I wanted some advise on how to solidify what I have learnt so far. So far I have taken all Kaplan and MGMAT tests and scored consistently above 750. I am pretty confident is quant, so relatively verbal is my weak area. I am aiming for 770+ score. In order to do that I need to score 99 percentile on verbal.

I am at the same level in SC, CR and RC. My plan is to do LSAT CR and LSAT RC one day and next day do a bunch of SCs and 1 GMATCLUB test. I have exhausted all OG, MGMAT and KAPLAN books. So for SC I just want to review old questions and really understand the concepts in each question. This way I will review my mistakes and also solidify the concepts. I plan to review about 250 SC in total. Do you think this is good enough for SC?

I choose LSAT CR and RC as they are the toughest and will improve my stamina in dealing with hard verbal questions. Can you suggest any improvements or corrections?

Regards
Sri

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:192 members
GMAT Score:780

by Bill@VeritasPrep » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:54 pm
If you need a resource to help you understand the rules for Sentence Correction, I highly recommend https://www.arts.uottawa.ca/writcent/hypergrammar/ It's very thorough and easy to understand.
Join Veritas Prep's 2010 Instructor of the Year, Matt Douglas for GMATT Mondays

Visit the Veritas Prep Blog

Try the FREE Veritas Prep Practice Test