Smith MBA vs Vanderbilt MBA

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Smith MBA vs Vanderbilt MBA

by Nidhi4mba » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:47 am
Hi All,

I have been admitted to Robert H SMith and Vanderbilt University's Full Time MBA starting in Fall, 2012. I have received a scholarship worth $40000 from Owen(Vanderbilt Univ) and $47000 from Smith MBA(Univ Of Maryland). I have work experience of around 5 years in IT in India. Which would be a better option for me. I am more inclined towards Vanderbilt MBA but someone told me that no IT companies visit the campus. I want to pursue my MBA in IT strategy and Consulting. I have also heard that Smith MBA hs good reputation in IT. But Smith's employment statistics doesn't say much about the placements stats for internationals. So, kindly help me in choosing the right school to pursue my MBA..

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:53 pm
Hi,

Congratulations on your acceptance to two great programs! The best advice I can give you is not to speculate. By this I mean you should call the career services office at both schools and ask them about employers. A lot of this information can be found online on the school's website, but if there are particular companies you are interested in you should feel free to call to find out hiring statistics. Making these phone calls will help you make the right choice.

Best,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.