HEC Interview Call

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

HEC Interview Call

by Anamaiy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:07 am
Hi Guys,

Got an interview call from HEC Paris, and its next week. They ask to give a 10 minute presentation, and I was wondering if the presentation can contain personal projects or just professional stuff. Tips on the interview process are welcome too.

Thanks guys in advance for your inputs and advice.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:710

by imanolarbulu » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:11 am
Hi!

I will be applying in R2. Could you describe your interview? what questions? any comments of the interviewer regarding the presentation, etc? Any advise?

Regards,

by Anamaiy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:58 pm
Hi,

First of all I would like to wish you best of luck with your application and apologize for a delayed reply. HEC Paris has two interviews for their interview rounds. Mine were taken by Alumnus, working in India. The first one was held in the interviewers office in the morning it was a proper conversational type interview one can expect the usual questions they would have gone through your application so they would ask a few related to your app, the first question both my interviewers asked was "tell me more about yourself". The first interviewer asked me to give the presentation first. He asked a few questions during the presentation and a few after I finished, he said it was an interesting topic I chose - SOPA and PIPA and their repercussions on modern day internet. Then a few questions like "what sort of role would you play in a study group considering you would be one of the younger participants in the program".

The second interview was taken in a hotel lobby, he did not see my presentation asked me to email it and told me to explain it verbally without the slides and asked my stance on the matter. The interview part was no questions just sharing of experiences and him explaining to me what really an MBA has to offer,and me listening and giving my opinions on certain things if he wanted it. I wouldn't call it an interview it was more of a discussion.

Regards,

Anamaiy

by Anamaiy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 pm
Any other questions you can email me on [email protected]