sceptical about my profile.please guide.

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

sceptical about my profile.please guide.

by ashu_aim » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:30 am

dear mam,

I am very much sceptical about my profile.Here I am just presenting the details of my profile.
gmat score 730 work exp-2 year full time ngo service.I have done my b.tech in mechanical engineering from a reputed government Indian college NIT which is highly regarded in INDIA. I have 89% marks in 10th,83% in 12th and 70% during my graduation.I would just like to know of my chances into cracking top tier b schools in usa and uk.please guide me.I will be highly thankful to you.
redards,
Ashutosh .

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:01 am
Hi ashu_aim,

From the limited information written you have strong numbers, however it is important to remember that business schools will be looking beyond this information in your application. They will want to hear about your work experience, leadership/management experience, and more. There is nothing about your story makes me think there is any reason why you cannot be admitted, but nothing stands out telling me why you should be admitted.

All of the reasons why a top program would admit you are in the details of your work experience, personal experiences, personality, values and overall story. These are things that clearly need to be fleshed out, beginning with career goals.

Best,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ashu_aim » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:56 pm
Dear mam,

I would like to thank you for your comments .I am very glad that you replied to my post.Further I would like to give you details regarding my job experience.I joined NGO after my graduation because I knew I had to do something for my country and society and myself.Just by being part of ngo has helped me immensely to grow as an individual .My aim is to create a big education network in my country for the underpriviledged children so that education inequity can be abolished .I just want to know from you that should I wait for a year or two or should I shoot at my target this year only.My dream B-school are hbs,lbs,kellogg,wharton.I really want your guidance in this regard .PLease advice.

Regards,
Ashu_aim