Profile Evaluation

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by richardccalkins » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 am
Hi Stacy!

I would like to ask if you would evaluate my profile. Keeping in mind the plan would be to apply for Fall '12 (last round of evaluations for all schools).

Undergrad: UC Santa Barbara, BA Bus-Econ, GPA 3.45 (last 2 years 3.59) ('09 grad)
GMAT: 730 (42 V, 47 Q), 6 AWA
Work Exp: > 2 years full time same job at a mortgage bank (secondary marketing), worked part time throughout college (student manager)
Recs: expected to receive very positive recommendations from my managers at my current company
Extracurricular: music (in a band), staying fit, intramural bball/softball every quarter in college
Reasons for applying: industry change, career advancement

I am planning to apply to some top 25 schools given my decent GMAT score (UCLA, UT, USC...). If you have any other suggestions, please share.

Do you think it is my best option to continue with applying for next Fall, or would it make more sense to wait a year (or two even)? If it makes sense to wait, what should I focus on most to enhance my application.

Thank you so much for your input and please let me know if you need any additional information.

-Rich

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:35 am
Hi Rich,

Unfortunately there is not a "right" time to apply, as it depends on the individual. The high majority of admissions teams are looking for at least 2 years of work experience, but also for candidates who have leadership experience.

Remember that business schools are looking for individuals who have made an impact and who have taken initiative. They would love to see applicants who have started organizations or taken leadership roles, as opposed to those who have only contributed.

Regarding your extracurricular activities, I recommend you read this case study of an applicant with limited extracurriculars: https://www.stacyblackman.com/2011/07/28 ... ctivities/

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me