Hult Boston Opinion

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Hult Boston Opinion

by Rachita1985 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:57 am
Hi All,
I have got the acceptance letter from Hult, Boston. Need some advice on the job prospects after MBA from hult in North America.

I am in IT Consulting right now with 5 years of international experience (2.5 yrs -India ,2.5 yrs-USA),GMAT Score-560, GPA-4.0.

I am looking forward to build my career in Business Strategy planning.

Please advice.

Thanks
Rachita

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:18 members

by FutureWorks » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:08 am
Hi Rachita,

The best thing to do is check with the career center at your school. Also you should ensure you have a steallar profile to grab a job in the desired sector. Most of the recruiters look at the quality of the candidate. They may be little worried about the cost of hiring that candidate. How well the applicant has scored in his/her tests? Was he/she outstanding in school performance or academics? Does the candidate have a good job history? What are the likings or interest area of the candidate? Has he maintained them and chose the same path? Was his/her previous job performance up to the mark? Giant companies will definitely look for Ivy Leaguers as they might be very selective in their recruiting processes. Some companies have websites designed to match the company's profile with graduate colleges' candidate profile.

This was one side of the coin that we talked about, but there are recruiters to whom an
impressive college degree may not work at all. For some companies focus on the cost factor
that is required to hire cream list candidates. They may not be willing to spend so much money
on high profile candidates and so such companies look at the candidate's attitude, character,
responsibility towards work, relevant skills.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by sanjib.saha » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:15 am
Hult Boston is for sure a good school. Every year they are increasing their rankings. In Boston you will find a lot of people to network with. The professors are really very good. Was you interviewed by Boston professors?
Sanjib

by sanjib.saha » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:41 pm
Hi Rachita,

Have you decided to join Hult?
Sanjib

by Rachita1985 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:05 pm
Thanks Kavita for your advice, Sorry for late response, have been very busy with the application lately... Hi Sanjib I decided not to join Hult... and guess what just yesterday I got admit from Thunderbird School of global management so I would probably go there :) .. feel free if you have any questions.

by sanjib.saha » Tue May 01, 2012 10:35 am
Hi Kavita ,

Are you going to join Thunderbird MBA starting from September, 16 months? By the way congrats. What was your GMAT score and did you take TOFEL/IELTS as well?
Sanjib

by anandmot » Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 am
Rachita are you joining PT MBA or Full time MBA programme