Kaplan Diagnostic to Actual GMAT Ratio

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi everyone, I made the decision about a month ago that I wanted to take the GMAT and eventually go to business school. I decided to sign up for a Kaplan On Site Advantage course as well as a Math Refresher (because I'm weary of my quant skills) to kick start my studying. My course starts next week and I just took my Diagnostic, and I was wondering what the average increase from the diagnostic to the actual exam was (if that data are available). Can one realistically improve their score 200-220 points? I appreciate any and all help.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:03 pm
Hi!
Unfortunately, we don't have a good way to collect actual test-data from out students, so I can't answer your first question. But as to your second, I can tell you that although 200 point increases are rare, they do happen, and I've personally helped a number of students improve that much. It takes work, and it takes time, but it sounds like you're already off to a good start--you're planning to start you diagnostic early, you have the Refresher to back up your course, and you're hanging out on this forum :-) Good luck, and let us know what else we can do to help you reach your goals!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage

by [email protected] » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:08 am
Thank you Eli, I appreciate your help!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:44 pm
You're welcome!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage

by [email protected] » Sat May 05, 2012 3:42 pm
Hi everyone,

Just as an update, I took the Kaplan Official Test Day Experience CAT today (which I think is a great resource), and I scored 150 points higher than my original score. I was very encouraged because I've had a rocky study experience, but I'm not done yet. I take the actual in 2 weeks, and I hope to bump it up another 50-60 points.

If I had one piece of advice, it would be not to get in your own head about the test and don't overthink a problem (I guess that's two pieces of advice). Also, I've discovered that PACING IS VERY IMPORTANT!

I really hope that anyone who's having a hard time with this thing pushes on and just develops strategies that work for them. All the best to all.