My tyrst with toefl!

You just Beat The TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/PTE!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

My tyrst with toefl!

by SrivastavaRicha » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:24 am
Hello readers!

I just read Eric's post on the new forum area for English language tests on BTG. So here I am sharing my recent TOEFL test experience.

I am scheduled to appear for the GMAT next month and so I scheduled TOEFL to a comfortable one month before the GMAT. I appeared for the test on 28th of Jan'12 at a test center in Chicago and results are awaited.

I spent around 2 weeks preparing for the test. I bought the Official Study Guide to TOEFL from the ETS online store and found it quite comprehensive. I gave 2 practice tests before the actual test that proved helpful while planning my approach to the Speaking and the Writing sections in particular.

I just managed to finish the actual test on time. All the sections were of nearly the same level of difficulty as the ones in the practice tests. The only difficult part was to concentrate on your own speaking questions because all the other test takers began speaking at the same time. I did loose some time focusing on how to answer my questions without getting distracted by the noise. I personally felt it would have been easier if I had practiced my speaking responses in a noisy environment.

Will post my score soon!

Richa

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:22 pm
Thanks Richa for sharing your experiences, we can't wait to hear how it turned out for you!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by SrivastavaRicha » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:33 pm
Hi All

Just received my TOEFL scores this morning. I scored a disappointing 104/120 with the following breakups:

Reading:27
Listening:25
Speaking:27
Writing:25

This does not meet the minimum requirement of at some of the Universities where I have to apply. So might have to give the test another attempt. Any suggestions on how to perform better this time would be welcome.

Richa

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by AbhiJ » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:42 am
Did you try videos/templates from notefull.com