Got an Admission to MIM at IE Business school

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi everyone,

yesterday i received an letter of admission to Master in international management at IE business school.Though the school is very good at ranking,I heard many mixed reviews about the program and school.I am really confused about the program.Please help me out.Any alumni of IE out there .please share your experiences...

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by jonathansoler » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:09 am
Hey

Congrats!

Not an alum but facing MiM choices as well. I've spoken to some people in Spain and the group of three conformed by IESE, IE and ESADE are certainly top notch. IESE not having a MiM programme, you are left with IE and ESADE as the best iberian options. Both have exchange programmes of different sorts with outstanding institutions and both are highly ranked, as you already know. You will probably be well regarded in Spain and can go for exchange options to gain Intl exposure and a yet another brand name.

What mixed reviews have you heard?

Mind sharing your profile?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by baume7 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:47 am
Hi guys! I've been an MIM applicant and was admitted to both ESADE and IE but ultimately chose to go to ESADE since I really liked their Master in Marketing Management program as I felt it was more specialized. I also felt that ESADE had better worldwide recognition. was just wondering how the decision-making process is going for you karteeksai and jonathansoler. How far along are you in the application process?

by jonathansoler » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:01 pm
I still haven't applied. Just took the GMAT yesterday and scored 700. Will be sending my apps within the next two weeks. What about you? What other schools are you applying to?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by baume7 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:38 am
I applied to IE, ESADE, HEC, ESCP, Audencia Nantes, Skema, and EM LYON. I was admitted to all except for HEC and ESCP. I've decided to go to ESADE :)

by jonathansoler » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:34 pm
Why ESADE over IE? Care to share your profile?

by karteeksai » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:06 am
congrats on your GMAT score.I have some queries regarding the program.You said you spoke to some people in Spain.

Please tell me more about the value of program outside Spain & how are the returns(placements,etc) after completing the program?and why is course fee so less when compared to IMBA?

by jonathansoler » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:41 pm
Thanks.

The value of the programs outside of Spain is probably higher than inside, currently, given the economic crisis. Placements don't seem bad, but you can check for yourself on the placement reports.

Masters fees tend to be less than MBAs' as a general rule. A matter of target and product differentiation, mainly.

You do have to keep in mind that no degree in the world is going to guarantee you a job. Brand name, networking, alumni, tradition, market status and your own effort and talent will all play a large part in job-seeking. I understand that placements are of huge important when choosing a school, but other than rankings and opinions, there's little you can figure... I'm in the same place.

Best,

J

by karteeksai » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:12 pm
Thanks for your inputs.

I understand that there are lot of factors involved in getting job.But i just wanted to know whether the placements are consistent for MIM in the context current crisis.Also i heard that there are lot of working visa issues for foreign student after completion of the program.I am from India.Is it possible for me to work in Europe after masters?

by neo182384 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:26 pm
Similar problem.

Got into ESCP, EMLyon, EDHEC, IE and ESADE..

Having major trouble picking the right school.

PLease help.

by karteeksai » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 pm
Congrats on your admits Neo. If you go purely by ranking, I guess ESCP should be your obvious choice. But I think it is better if you go by your interest rather ranking. In my case, I am quite interested in entrepreneurship. That is why I chose IE .Each school is good at certain fields like LBS is good in finance, IE is good in Humanities and entrepreneurship. Have a have a look at the curriculum of each school and figure out which suits your needs and interests. Then if you by that I believe you can solve this problem.

by suvigya » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:08 am
I also got admit in EDHEC(grand ecole) and ESADE(MIM) and have decided, after much brain-storming and fact analysis, to go for ESADE. I will also be taking immersion program, as i have an engineering background.
Hope the decision pays off :)

by [email protected] » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:43 am
Hey,

i got admitted in
IE B school Masters in International Management.
CASS B School MSc Management

Which one to choose ? Any insights will be of great help to me.

by Mizu » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:40 pm
Congrats!!!

Could you, please, tell me how much time did it take: from application subm. till the final decision?
I've got a letter that IE wants me to attend an interview, but it was almost 4 weeks (!!!) ago. And there were no more news after that. I am nervous so much. Every other e-mail from somebody else is killing me(((

by karteeksai » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 pm
It took me around 1 month