50%
No votes
3 & <3
No votes

Total votes: 2

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Rate my AWA

by aplavakarthik » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:47 am
Recent technological improvements in electronic mail (E-mail) will resolve existing corporate communication problems. Vast quantities of information about products, services, and market transactions as well as most basic business communications, can be electronically exchanged, quickly and at a relatively low cost.

Explain how logically persuasive you find this argument. In discussing your viewpoint, analyze the argument's line of reasoning and its user of evidence. Also explain what, if anything, would make the argument more valid and convincing or help to better evaluate its conclusion.

Technology and technological advancements are the so rapid in this 21st Century. Advancements in technology has led people to communicate easily. In the preceding statement the author claims that recent technological improvements in E-mail will resolve existing corporate communication problems. Vast quantities of information about products, services and market transactions as well as most basic business communications, can be electronically exchanged, quickly and at a relatively low cost. Though this claim may well have merit. The author's poorly reasoned argument, based on several questionable premises and assumptions, and solely based on the reason stated by the author, we cannot accept his argument as valid.

The primary issue with author's reasoning lies in his unsubstantiated premise recent technological improvements in electronic mail will resolve existing corporate communication problems. The author's premise says that existing communication problems is due to technological backwardness and not due capability of individuals ability to communication. The author forgets that technological advancements can just provide a means of communication and not communication ability to corporate's. The author's premise lack enough support and make his conclusion unacceptable.

The author assumes that effective communication can be achieved thorough advanced technology but the author provides no evidence to support that existing corporate's communication problem is just a lack of technology and not individuals inability to communicate effectively. The author weakens his arguments by several unsupported assumptions which when supported make his argument valid.

Though the author's argument has several flaws in his reasoning with his unstated premises and unsupported assumptions, it is not to say that the argument is completely baseless. The author can make his argument valid by providing information that supports his claim. The author can provide how mode of communication is advanced with technological advancements. How it helps the corporate's to improve communication and reduce the delay that was reduced. Though there are several issues in the author's argument with research and clarification he can could improve the reasoning of his argument.

In sum, author's illogical argument based on unsupported premises and unstated assumptions tat make his conclusion invalid. If author wishes to make the readers believe in his argument, he would have to restructure his argument, fix the flaws in his argument, clarify the assumptions and provide support. Without these his arguments is likely to convince few people.

Please rate my AWA

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members

by ronnie1985 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:15 am
1. two paragraphs convey the same message
2. second last paragraph could have been more enforcing by adding actual experience rather than perceptions.

4.5 is the rating i will award to yr essay.

Request you to rate my essay and help me improve.
Follow your passion, Success as perceived by others shall follow you