Whats happening to this world ?

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Whats happening to this world ?

by kamo » Tue May 13, 2008 6:07 pm
today I did the GMAT 570 , Q 44 V 26 , I felt like I got slapped and stomped on. I was ok with the quantitative and but insanely dissapointed at the verbal , guys I just feel weird , sick to my stomach .

I need a spark of hope

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by black_cat » Wed May 14, 2008 3:47 am
If the other parts of your application are strong, and depending on where you're applying, a 570 may be just fine. I scored a 540 in April and just didn't have the time or desire to try for a higher score. Fortunately the rest of my profile was super strong and I was accepted into both part-time programs to which I applied (including a top state school). I am now an officially enrolled and registered MBA candidate and am starting classes in the fall! Don't lose hope.

Based on your profile and the schools you're targeting, what score do you think you need?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by IcanDoit2 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:43 pm
Hi Black_cat,

Can you please tell me which universities you were accepted. I have a score of 540 and I was wondering the same. I know we might have a different profile, just curious about the universities you applied and got in.

thanks
Icandoit2

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by liya08 » Mon May 19, 2008 3:49 am
hi Black_Cat, Are any of the schools you were accepted to, in canada by any chance? If yes what are they??? Compared to US, Canada's universities are so hung up on the GMAT. I have the similar GMAT score and GPA, but I have been working for the past 10 years and do not even have much time to spend on GMAT prep.

I don't even see a reason why we would ever need GMAT type math or english at the workplace even if you are top management...

GMAT is just a big rip off, considering $250 per exam.