Wharton EXEC MBA(SFO) vs. Stanford Sloan Masters Program

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I have ~8 yrs works ex (30 yr old male) working in a top tier management consulting firm (Director Position)I have been admitted into both the schools. I am confused to which program to choose given the following.

- Feels like rigor of the WEMBA coursework is much more than Stanford (# of courses, schedule etc.)
- Wharton is a MBA (preferred) vs MS in Mgmt degree
However...
- Cost of WEMBA is $80k more than Stanford
- I like the FT nature of Stanford vs. weekend Wharton schedule.. (Personally no issues leaving the job for 1 year)
- Also Wharton SFO is a satellite campus vs. Stanford main campus (More events, opportunities to network etc..)

My GOAL / END Objective in going into any program is..
- To start my own firm (Entrepreneurship focus)
- To probably join a start up / VC fund firm in bay area

Please any pointers/ perspective on what I should choose will be helpful.
This is a CRITICAL decision for me and I have to respond by end of next week :(

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:35 pm
Hi msheth01,

Congratulations on your acceptance into both programs. This is a fortunate problem to have.

The best step you can take is to talk to current students, alumni, and the career centers at both schools. Aim to gather as many data points as you can, as the more you have, the better your decision will be in the end. Unfortunately there is no "right" answer, however once you connect with each school and with your own thoughts, I have no doubt you will make the right decision.

Congratulations again.

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by gietu » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:58 am
debating a similar problem (stanford sloan versus harvard) but thinking taking a whole year out will be a good time to invest in where future directions go.