CR Question Types??

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

CR Question Types??

by bhavyabhandari » Thu May 15, 2008 1:42 am
Hi,

as given in the 1000Critical do questions pertaining to 'Complete the passage', and the ones 'involving the two speakers and finding a flaw for the reasoning' come in the Present GMAT Pool.

Also is there any more practice questions which you all could suggest for CR.I haven't got the needed confidence in it after going through OG and half of 1000Critical...

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1535 members
GMAT Score:800

Re: CR Question Types??

by lunarpower » Fri May 16, 2008 11:49 pm
bhavyabhandari wrote:Hi,

as given in the 1000Critical do questions pertaining to 'Complete the passage', and the ones 'involving the two speakers and finding a flaw for the reasoning' come in the Present GMAT Pool.
i have heard rumors of the existence of the first type ('complete the passage'), although not for critical reasoning; rather, i've heard that such problems exist on the reading comprehension section.
i have not seen such problems firsthand, although perhaps other readers of this forum can chime in if they've seen such problems on gmatprep (NOTE: DO NOT post about anything you saw on the official test).
bhavyabhandari wrote:and the ones 'involving the two speakers and finding a flaw for the reasoning'
i'm not sure what type of question you're referring to. if you've seen one of these, could you quote the question prompt verbatim? in any case, it sounds as though you're talking about a question type that's common on the lsat, but not so much on the gmat (at least not yet).

one piece of general advice: if you have to ask whether a particular question type even exists on the test, your time is probably better spent mastering the question types that appear frequently on the test. only after you can nail those fairly consistently should you start going after relatively obscure question types.
Ron has been teaching various standardized tests for 20 years.

--

Pueden hacerle preguntas a Ron en castellano
Potete chiedere domande a Ron in italiano
On peut poser des questions à Ron en français
Voit esittää kysymyksiä Ron:lle myös suomeksi

--

Quand on se sent bien dans un vêtement, tout peut arriver. Un bon vêtement, c'est un passeport pour le bonheur.

Yves Saint-Laurent

--

Learn more about ron