International & Interdisciplinary Profile Assessment

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Good evening. Here's my profile. I intend to apply to programs such as HBS' 2+2, IESE's YTP and Yale's Silver Scholars. I will appreciate any guidance and insights!

Undergrad:
-BSc in Economics (Ranked Top 3 in Class, GPA approx. 3.7 -converting from a 1-20 scale-, Top Venezuelan University -Universidad Central de Venezuela-, Academic Performance Award in 2010)
-Law Degree (Equivalent to JD, Expected July 2011, GPA approx. 3.8 -same conversion rate-, Top Venezuelan University -Universidad Metropolitana (Another one, I attended two universities to obtain three degrees simultaneously)-, Scholarship since admission and Academic Excellence Awards in 2009 and 2010)
-BA in Liberal Arts (Same as the Law Degree, Dual Degree Program)

WE (All local):
-Consultant position at Big4 - Financial Advisory Services since October 2011
-Summer Internship at Bayer in 2011 (Legal Department)
-Teaching Assistant at both universities (Macroeconomics and Public Policies and Development courses)
-Summer Internship at a big local Law Firm in 2009 (Mainly Antitrust Law)

Extracurriculars:
-Attended the 14th World Business Dialogue in Cologne, Germany in 2011 (https://www.world-business-dialogue.com) and won the Dialogue Student Award (https://www.world-business-dialogue.com/562/)
-Attended South American Business Forum in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 2010 (https://www.sabf.org.ar/english)

Languages: Spanish, English, French & Italian.

Test Scores: Still non-taken, but for the sake of the argument and based on prep tests we can conservatively say GMAT 700 and TOEFL 110.

Future Career Goals: Mainly Management Consulting (MBB). IB also appealing. USA or Europe (Count on EU citizenship).

Thank you in advance for your time and attention!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:51 pm
Dear jonathansoler,

I highly encourage you to verify your eligibility for special programs like 2+2, Silver Scholars, etc. As these are designed for college seniors, it is possible you are not eligible as you are in the process of earning a law degree. However, you should check with each school because it will depend on how your degree programs are viewed since you have earned your degrees simultaneously.

In the event you are eligible for these programs, you appear to have a competitive academic history and some good internship experience. Your GMAT and TOEFL scores will be important to your evaluation, so those numbers need to be close to/above average for these programs. The only potential weakness is your extracurriculars as you do not list much there in terms of leadership roles in student organizations or community activities. With these special admissions programs for college seniors, the MBA programs are looking for ample evidence of leadership potential.

In the event you are not eligible, I encourage you to proceed with your plans for business school, but simply apply directly to the MBA programs after working full-time for a couple of years.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me