700 level questions in the GMAT REVIEW book

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I was going through the GMAT OG review book and was looking to see if anyone knows if it contains 700-720 level questions(my target score) only to get a feel for such questions before giving an actual mock test or the GMAT prep test and to gauge my preparation so far . Or does any one know what level are the toughest questions in the GMAT review ? Are they in the range of 650-680 ? Any thoughts ? Thanks in advance

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:770

by IJR » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:54 am
They are done in increasing order of difficulty, so you could try practicing with the ones at the end to get the hardest ones in the book. I think they are probably around the 700 level at the end of the book if I had to guess.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:355 members
GMAT Score:780

by Ian Stewart » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:07 pm
There aren't all that many really high-level questions in the Official Guides, unfortunately, though as IJR says the questions generally get harder near the end of each section. Most of the questions in the OG are quite old now, and were written by a different company than the one currently developing test questions. The top level of the test has gotten harder in the last few years, and you'll get a much better impression of how hard questions can be if you're in the 700+ range by taking the GMATPrep tests (which you can download for free from the official site).
For online GMAT math tutoring, or to buy my higher-level Quant books and problem sets, contact me at ianstewartgmat at gmail.com

ianstewartgmat.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by joybailiff » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:05 pm
Thanks for your responses.