Profile Evaluation Required

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Required

by babaryousafzaiii » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:11 am
Hi Stacy,

Please help to evaluate my profile keeping in mind my target schools. I will be grateful for the insight you provide.

I am 27 years old Telecom Professional from Pakistan with around 3.5 years of national and 10 months of international experience.
I did my bachelors in Telecom Engineering from NUST(Best engineering school of the country) with a GPA of mere 2.01. There are many reasons for my low GPA but it was never the case that I struggled. At the time I never cared for good grades and always looked to pass. I have always been an intelligent student but never a hard working one. I stood 45th in the entrance test exam for the school and received a scholarship for the tuition fee.Our class consisted of the cream of Pakistan and good grades required hard work which was never my way till my graduation.

Compared to academic record i have an excellent work experience. I served 3 years in the RF Optimization(The most sought after and innovative department in the telecom engineering sector) department in Mobilink (The leading telecom operator of the country). I served as team lead for one year and acting manager for the last 5 months i served in Mobilink. During my tenure at Mobilink i was involved in many national level projects and was also selected the best employee of the month 2 times for KPI improvement and for the development of an in-house statistics software. After Mobilink i worked in Malaysia on a contract for 10 months as a team lead in GTL sdn Bhd for a role out project for one of the leading telecom operators. When i joined the project was suffering huge losses and was way behind its schedule. After i finished my contract we had already brought the project back on track with completing everything within the required time lines, had already covered up for the losses incurred through introduction of innovative procedures and practices and when the project was completed the company did enjoy some profits keeping in mind the huge losses from which it was suffering before.

Throughout my life i have always been involved in extra curricular activities. I have been an excellent sportsman and captained both high school and college level cricket teams. I also set up the adventure society of the college and organized 4 successful trips to different parts of the country.I was part of the torch bearers team of Mobilink which used to organize different social events for the benefit of the poor in the country

I scored a 660 on the GMAT and my target schools are

1. Goizueta (Ideal)
2. Nanyang singapore
3. NUS singapore
4. SDA Bocconi
5. Manchester business school
6. University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (Safe)

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:39 pm
Dear babaryousafzaiii,

Your school list is appropriate for the profile you posted. Your GMAT is a bit low relative to other international applicants to these programs. When combined with your GPA, there could be concerns on your ability to handle the rigor of the program. Thus I encourage you to use an optional essay or additional information section to address your academic record and GMAT, making a strong case for how you will perform at a higher level in business school. You will need to provide evidence in your background that you can handle the work, so use professional successes, individual courses, and/or anything else showing a high level of motivation. Likewise, your application package must be outstanding and convey how you will add value to the class. Your presentation of your background, rationale for an MBA, career goals, and reasons for each school are critical to your evaluation.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me