Florida State B School Evaluation

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Florida State B School Evaluation

by arod7533 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:50 am
Hello Everyone:

I would like to get all of your opinions on my profile for Florida State University 1 yearMBA program. I understand that it is not a ranked program but it suites me for various reasons.

Major: Liberal Studies.
Work Experience: 5.5 years, 1 year in a small airline parts company, 1 year of being a bank teller, 3.5 years of being an investment associate with my financial licenses (series 7, series 66, health and life insurance license)
Awards, etc: I was named Investment associate of the year in 2009
Recommendations: My regional manager, direct manager, and operations manager all wrote letters of recommendation stating very high qualifications.

Please give me any feedback as to my chances of getting in. I welcome constructive criticism. I have not been able to find much information on FSU.
Last edited by arod7533 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:29 pm
Dear arod7533,

I think FSU is a possibility for you, but it is hard to comment with certainty as you do not have a GMAT and do not provide why you want get your MBA. If you believe FSU's program is a good match for your goals and you (i.e., curriculum, resources, culture, etc.), then there is no reason to believe you don't have a chance with a solid application package. You will want to score in the competitive range (mid-50%) of the GMAT for FSU; however, since your GPA is below the 3.0 preference, then scoring above the GMAT average is best. Finally, if you haven't already done so, I encourage you to visit FSU and speak with the admissions folks there regarding your profile. Establishing a good rapport will be helpful as your application will be more than a name on the page.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me