Just took my first prep test

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Just took my first prep test

by Cabritilla » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:24 pm
After studying for eight weeks (approx. 7 hours per week) and working myself through Kaplan Premier today I took my first GMAT prep test.
I scored a 610 with Verbal 34 and Quant 40. I always knew that I have to work for Quant as math isn´t my strongest suit. But I had the feeling that the Verbal questions of the prep test were much harder than the practice questions in Kaplan Premier. Is this just me or does anybody share this feeling?

I will now start with the eight Manhattan Books and the OG. Maybe take another test in 3-4 weeks. 3 more month to go until the real GMAT, so I still have enough time... hopefully.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:43 pm
Hi Cabritilla,

Best of luck on your studies. Here are some free GMAT tips: https://www.stacyblackman.com/category/gmat/

Additionally, remember that MBA.com provides 2 free official GMAT practice tests.

Best,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:770

by IJR » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:01 am
I can at least say that the verbal questions are about the same as the ones you will face on the real test. I wouldn't worry so much about your score if you have 3 months to go. Just work really hard on the fundamentals at this point and take another practice test in 3-4 weeks to see how you've progressed.