This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by aitxaz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:30 pm
GMAT score = 680
GRE = 1330 (q 750)
Toefl = 112/120

BS/MS in engineering from UK.
I have worked with top MNCs in my field before returning to my home town. For the past two years I'm working in the public sector in my home town. I have done lotsa community work. Taught as visiting faculty at a local Uni. Post MBA goals include setting up a social enterprise.

Please evaluate my profile. Target schools are HBS, Stanford, Wharton and Columbia.

Regards.

Ps. My home town is under developed, war zone in south Asia.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:38 pm
Dear aitxaz,

With the very limited information your provided, it appears you have the foundation for a competitive application. Your GMAT score is in range, albeit below average for your target schools. Thus you will need to have a compelling package where your other components balance out your GMAT. Perhaps you have a strong transcript and a successful, professional track record? Also, you want to distinguish yourself from the many other international applicants, so use the unique aspects of your background to your advantage.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by aitxaz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:32 pm
hey,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have worked with number one telecom services provider in the past. also, i have internships for all the summer breaks during the college. All the companies were top of the line. I have international experience too (UK). Lately, I have been working on a development project in my hometown which is underdeveloped and needs good human resource. Its a government funded project with people as beneficiaries. I volunteered with UNDP too. Also, I am teaching at a local University as visiting faculty. My previous grades are not so good (avg = B). I am going to improve my GMAT this month and I am very hopeful that I will cross 700 mark this time.

What do you think?

Regards.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:55 pm
Sounds like you are on the right track and doing all the things you need to do. Just be sure to use the essays, recommendations and resume to highlight your accomplishments and skills, as well as make a compelling case for your admission. Good luck on your GMAT retake!

Regards,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me