Regarding GMAT Premier Prog - CD not working

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I have the Kaplan GMAT premier program 2009 and the CD is not compatible with windows 7. An error throws up and asks for an MCI driver to be installed. I tried the solutions found online but the CD still doesn't work. Could you help me here with what to do? If you could allow me to access the tests online also it would be great.

Please help! Thank you!

PS : I've also sent a mail to [email protected]

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:36 pm
Hi karishma,

Has booksupport replied? Tech issues, unfortunately, are a little beyond my ability to diagnose!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by karishmaaries » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:25 am
Yes, they replied. I can't use the cd on on windows 7 :(

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by enjoylife1788 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:58 am
I have bought the Kaplan GMAT Premier 2012 edition. It gives the same error MC driver error. I find this highly unprofessional on Kaplan's part. Its already more than 2 years since Windows 7 is released and majority of the machines running windows 7 are 64 bit. They still have not updated their software.

Thank God, I am a bit tech savvy and knew how to install virtual machine. So I have installed Windows XP as virtual machine. It installs just fine in the virtual machine.

But, if anyone from Kaplan is reading this, its high time you update your program.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:57 am
enjoylife1788 wrote:I have bought the Kaplan GMAT Premier 2012 edition. It gives the same error MC driver error. I find this highly unprofessional on Kaplan's part. Its already more than 2 years since Windows 7 is released and majority of the machines running windows 7 are 64 bit. They still have not updated their software.

Thank God, I am a bit tech savvy and knew how to install virtual machine. So I have installed Windows XP as virtual machine. It installs just fine in the virtual machine.

But, if anyone from Kaplan is reading this, its high time you update your program.
Hi enjoylife,

Sorry that we've given a negative impression!

The truth is, we don't actually have anything unique on the CD anymore! As time marches on, we've moved all of our tests onto the Kaplan Student Center, and just kept the CD for legacy reasons. As internet access gets more an more prevalent, we've actually decided to discontinue the CD. It isn't helping our students, and it's causing lots of technical concrens.

So don't worry about missing any resources, because they're all right there on your website! Everything you need to do great on the GMAT. Good luck!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage