With low GPA and No good experience

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

With low GPA and No good experience

by nt 30 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:50 pm
Hello Stacy,

Thanks for reading this.I will be appearing for GMAT and TOEFL very soon.But currently very confused whether or not i will be considered as a good applicant later.As i have around 2.8 on scale of 5 GPA in graduation and also in Diploma program and i only have 2 years of recruitment experience,reason of discontinuation in job was due to my husband's career in USA,had to leave India and join him here.I did SAP certification in Human Capital Management for job even but hard luck till now.If i plan to rebuild my stagnant career , will i be given a chance to prove myself, if i score above 700 in GMAT.What are other documents needed after that, for which i should get the base ready ?Is there anything which i can do during the course of time when i am preparing for GMAT which can be an added advantage for me ? Please Guide me!!!,it would be a great help and a boost for me.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:12 am
Dear nt 30,

To help balance a low GPA, you do need to have high test scores on both the GMAT and TOEFL. I also encourage you to have your transcript evaluated by a credentialing service for an accurate conversion to the US 4.0 scale if you question what it might be. While it is tough to be in your situation, it is not insurmountable as there are many spouses who have come to the US and decided to go back to school. The main thing you will want to address is what have you been doing since you left your job and what your plans are until you enter business school. Even if you do not have a work permit, you can still volunteer with a nonprofit or other organization to gain experience. For additional information on the MBA admissions process, I encourage you to do some research and visit schools you are considering.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by nt 30 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:32 pm
Thanks a lot lisa.