Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Request for profile evaluation

by horizonspeaks » Sun May 04, 2008 2:02 pm
Education
----------
GMAT Score 700 AWA 4.5
Grad marks - 78% (Topper being 86%) school being one of top 20 in India.
Age - 29 now

Background
-----------
East Indian moved to USA a few months back

Work Ex
--------
Started in 2001 as a founder member of a vc funded small company with 12 others. Worked for 2.5 years, the company has now grown to 300+ employees.
Moved to Oracle India.
Moved to Microsoft India. As a part of MS team, visited China and stayed for a couple of months to takeover a component.
Moved to Microsoft USA.

Worked mostly as a software developer on ebiz backend. total Work-ex of 6+ years including 3 years in Microsoft.

Extra Curricular
---------------
Associated with Mukto-mona (from 2005), an organization of freethinkers. As a part of the team, I am working towards building a science-aware society. I am responsible for translating or writing science or scientific articles in Bengali - includes The Selfish Gene and some DNA related stuff. A lot of my articles are already published in various books.

B-school Target
-------------
Is there a possibility that I could be through to top 20 in USA? Or Even INSEAD (Asia/Europe)/ LBS/ MBS (Aus)?

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon May 05, 2008 5:42 am
Dear horizonspeaks,

Based on the limited information in your post, I think you have a competitive profile for any MBA program. As stressed in many previous posts, a positive admission decision depends on how strong your overall application is and your ability to effectively distinguish yourself with the admissions committee.

I encourage you to view some of the sticky threads and previous posts for tips and suggestions, especially as an international applicant for the programs you mention.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me