Profile Evaluation - GMAT Score 590 + 7 years Work Exp

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:590
Hi,
I am a 28 years old Indian National. I have a bachelors in engineering (computer science) from Mumbai University. Since then have worked in several capacities in IT services & Technology consulting. I am currently working with Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Mumbai, since 2007.

I have experience in IT audit around networking, server management, IT operation processes, IT security controls & process, Enterprise IT policy, process and procedure assessment & implementation, Network Assessment, IT service management, IT asset management, CMDB, disaster recovery/business continuity assessment, developing roadmap for enterprise infrastructure management, Data centre design assessment & audit. I have also held a role of a lead implementer responsible for unicenter service desk implementation and was involved in setting up helpdesk for numerous clients. I have also worked in the area of ISO 20000 & ISO 27001 helping clients in their readiness assessment & surveillance audits.

I have worked extensively in telecom sectors for most telecom organization in south-east asia in process, technology and organization assessment, business process re-engineering and its improvement programme.

My primary experience lies with IT, Telecom & Banking clients.

My professional qualification & certification include
B.E. Computer Engineer, Systems & Micro-controller as Major from PCTCE, Mumbai University (71%) (ranked first in entire college)
10+2 Grades - 83% (ranked first in entire college)
10 Grades - 86% (was ranked third in entire school)
CA Associate Unicenter Service Support r11.2
Foundation Certificate, ITSM, ITIL
Sun Certified Programmer Java 1.4
Unicenter Service Support Advanced Implementation
Unicenter Service Support Foundation
CA Accredited Sales Foundation - ITSM
BS 25999 Business Continuity Management System - Implementation
Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing - PwC Internal

My extra curricular activities and interest lies in learning Sitar, an Indian classical instrument. (which i have stopped for some time after first ever group stage performance now due to busy professional schedules, commitment and personal desire to graduate as an MBA)

Now, I, very recently, mindful of my aim of getting into a b-school gave GMAT. Apparently, did not do well and scored mere 590. My initial thought was to re-appear in the month of Nov again. But had to travel to West Africa, Gabon due to professional client engagements. My preparation and thus plan was hit. While i still somewhere deep down within feel to give my GMAT again for a better score. I am also evaluating now whether 590 is good enough score for some good, recognized programs.

Would request you to please evaluate my profile and suggest programs that would help me make through. I do not intend to change my work altogether and i want to continue in technology consulting for some time. I am looking forward to an MBA program that helps me in grooming myself for my own start up in IT consulting later.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:06 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your post. Given you don't have time to retake the GMAT before round 2 deadlines, and that your goals aren't for a huge career change, you probably can get a quality education that boosts your career at one of several programs.

I would suggest taking a look at schools like Tepper, Georgetown, Emory and Kelley. This is a broad mix of schools in different locations and one of them might just fit with you. Keep in mind that you are in a very crowded applicant pool and as such it's wise to apply to a mix of programs (from reach to target) in order to optimize your chances of successful admission at one or more programs.

Best,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by aspirant_mba » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:15 pm
Hello,

I have a similar profile as the above post. Indian national, GMAT score 590, 6.5 years experience in IT industry. I want to specifically apply to Asian B schools. Could you let me know which schools I can look into which would be suitable for my profile?

by Stacey Oyler » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:12 pm
Do you have a specific geographic location in mind? There are great bschools in India, China and South Korea. Geographic location would help me provide you with some suggestions.

Thanks,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by venmic » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:45 am
Stacey

I have the same issue I have 590 and an 8 year experience can you please sugges vvhat can I do.. please...

by Stacey Oyler » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:12 pm
Hi,

I'd like to help, but your post in rather vague. What are your goals? Do you want to study in the US, Europe or Asia? More details would help.

Thanks,

Stacey

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]