Babson Essay Question

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Babson Essay Question

by priyankamishra11 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:18 pm
Hi ,

I am for applying for MBA in Babson college.
I have a question about one of their essays.
One of the essay questions is
What unique contributions will you bring to the Babson community that will enhance the value of the classroom experience for your classmates.

Do I have to write about professional experiences or I can mention things like extra curricular activities and community services as well.

It would be really hepfull if you can give your suggestions.

Thanks,
Priyanka

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Dear Priyanka,

The essay is not restricted to either professional or personal experiences. I think you can discus both in this essay. Babson is looking for you to tell them how you will add value both in the classroom and in the Babson community. This essay is an opportunity to make your case to be offered a seat over the competition.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by minhminh7884 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:50 am
Hi all,

Please help me address the second essay of Babson:

"Babson defines entrepreneurship as 'thinking or acting in a manner that is opportunity obsessed, holistic in approach, and leadership balanced.' Please describe how, in your own experiences, you have met some or all of that definition".

If I am working in the auditing industry and would like to set up a new business in this industry. However, I have little experience as an entrepreneur, so how can I write this essay. Further more, the wording "opportunity obsessed" sound unfamiliar to me. Please help me explain the terms they use.

Thank you for your help.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:39 am
Dear minhminh7884,

You do not have to have entrepreneur experience to answer this essay; you simply have to show how you have acted like an entrepreneur, either in your professional experience or in a community activity. Basically, Babson wants to see evidence you possess the entrepreneurial mindset it describes in the question as many roles within large organizations require this mindset to be successful. By opportunity obsessed, Babson means you constantly seek new opportunities or look for opportunities in any situation. You are "obsessed" with finding opportunities. Hope that helps.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me