Profile evaluation for MIT sloan

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation for MIT sloan

by la56 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:14 pm
I fall in the lower end of the published gmat range for sloan. I would appreciate if you sum the chances of being accepted (if any..lol)into the program based on the profile below.

Education-GPA-4.0 Bachelor of Engineering, Agra University, India (old university not in top league)
GMAT-680 48q,35v
Job:-ECommerce Architect-8+ yrs, leading fashion brand website 100 millions in online sales
Awards:-Most distinguished child in his/her age group-1994(Awarded by Chief Minister)
Extracurricular involvements:- fund raising, teaching maths to underprivileged children in India-2006/2007
Interesting personal facts -
Born and educated in India, moved to US 4 years back, wanted to become a chef but could not follow the dream due to socio-economic factors.
Founded a software services company in US in 2007, but could not work for it because of legal/immigration issues.
I had a turbulent start in my career-Worked as a call center executive and a computer professor at an Engineering college for about a year.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:35 am
Dear la56,

Whether or not your application to Sloan is successful will depend on the strength of the total package. While you are right to be concerned about your GMAT score being in the low end of the range, it is still in the competitive range. You have a high GPA in a quantitative/analytical major, so there is evidence you can handle the analytical rigor of the program. You will need a strong set of essays and glowing recommendations to demonstrate you have the soft skills necessary for success and leadership potential for the future. Likewise, if you receive that interview invitation, you will have the opportunity to further sell the admissions committee on you--make your compelling case for admission. I encourage you to realistically assess your entire application package--the strength of your essays, recommendations, professional experience, and extracurriculars since college. If you feel there is enough to balance your GMAT score, then you have a shot.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me