Pls Guide Me !!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Pls Guide Me !!

by jus_venky » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:23 am
Hi All ,

I am yet to start the preparation for GMAT ,planning to start preparing Manhattan Strategy Guides .
I need to concentrate on Verbal Section , so pls let me know regarding, which section of Verbal should I start.

As of now , I can spare 2 hours per day , so pls let me know the best way to schedule my study plan .

Thanks,
Venky !!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:17 am
jus_venky wrote:Hi All ,

I am yet to start the preparation for GMAT ,planning to start preparing Manhattan Strategy Guides .
I need to concentrate on Verbal Section , so pls let me know regarding, which section of Verbal should I start.

As of now , I can spare 2 hours per day , so pls let me know the best way to schedule my study plan .

Thanks,
Venky !!
If were you, I'd start with Sentence Correction (SC). The skills learned in SC take a while to sink in, so this will provide sufficient time for that to occur. Plus, once you learn the SC component, you will see the important SC grammar rules demonstrated in the CR and RC passages. This will serve to further your understanding of SC.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by jus_venky » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:53 am
Thank you Brent ,

As of now I am preparing SC from Manhattan Strategy Guide , and practicing the same from The Official Guide.

Can you please let me know , any other sources for practicing SC..

Venky !!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:18 members

by FutureWorks » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:44 am
Hi Venky,
You will need to increase your study time window because as you have just started your GMAT preparation so we'll suggest you to burn some more midnight oil. Regarding your verbal section it is good to hear that you are already preparing with the official GMAT as well as Manhattan as they are best in their verbal and sentence correction section.
For your SC based query we'll also like to suggest you Princeton Review's SC only if you have some extra time.
Got some more queries in mind? Let us know!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:40 am
jus_venky wrote: Can you please let me know , any other sources for practicing SC..
This website is a great place to practice. There are tons of great SC articles and tons of practice questions (with top-notch solutions/explanations)

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com