Distinctiveness in B-School Application

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Distinctiveness in B-School Application

by metaphola » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:03 pm
Hi,

I am an individual who has been experienced in business segment from the very beginning of my career journey along with my educational entitlement.

Education: Bachelors of Business Administration (major in Marketing & HR)
Work Experience: 2 years (after Graduation) 4 years (total experience)

Actually, I have a very specific query regarding the weight of my application package. Will an MBA (from my own country) put an extra addition to my application weight. If, it adds an extra value, how much it is. Moreover, would the GPA of this MBA recover my low GPA of my undergrad?

Thanks,
Mamun

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:57 pm
Dear Mamun,

To be clear, are you suggesting you earn an MBA in Bangladesh and then a second MBA somewhere else? If so, I discourage you from that strategy as many MBA programs will not allow you to earn the same degree you already hold, meaning you would be ineligible to apply to those programs. If you need to compensate for a low GPA, then you can do that by scoring high on the GMAT and taking some additional undergraduate coursework (particularly quantitative courses if you did poorly in them). Likewise, having a successful track record in your career can also help to show you have the commitment, motivation and maturity to do better in business school.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me