Please Help me with B-School short-listing

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:8 members

Please Help me with B-School short-listing

by saketk » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:58 pm
Hi Lisa,

I need your help in selecting the B-schools for my MBA.
Unfortunately, my GMAT score is on the lower side - 640. I am now in very confused because the deadlines are approaching and I have not enough time to re-take the GMAT.
Can you please help me find the college's best suited to my profile?

My profile -

Total Experience - 4 yrs 2 months (till date)
Domain - Telecom
Role - Business Analyst
Current Employer - Infosys Technologies ltd (1 yr 2 months - till date) - 2nd largest IT company in India
Previous Employer - Tech Mahindra ltd (3 yrs) - among top 10 telecom companies in India

Academics:
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical stream - 76% [No GPA given by the university]
Career highlights:
Won best team member award in Tech Mahindra
Got various appreciations from Clients as well as from my Manager
Was part of the small team which won got an appreciation certificate from Client COO
6 Months onshore experience in UK

Won 2nd prize in state level technical quiz competition in college
Recently got involved with Teach India NGO

On Personal front - Bought a house with my savings and financial planning (consider this as an personal achievement)

I can arrange very good Recommendations from senior managers and Managers of Both companies I have worked with.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks,
Saket Khard

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:53 pm
Dear Saket,

You have some great professional experience and a competitive GPA based on your post. I agree that your GMAT score is a bit of a concern, as it is low relative to other applicants with similar backgrounds. If your ultimate goal is to be in business school next year, then you should target your school list on programs that both meet your needs in terms of curricula/resources relative to your career goals and where your GMAT is in a competitive range (i.e., GMAT average at/below 650). For other tips on identifying programs, please read our sticky on school selection.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me