Please help me get over it!

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:640

Please help me get over it!

by sunilrawat » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:52 am
The day after tomorrow is my big day. I was quite relaxed in the morning today. I read a lot about do's and don'ts on the last days. I tried to take it cool and just went through flashcards, MGMAT reviews etc. I was doing fine till the evening. But now it's all back. The more I let my guard off the more anxious and nervous I become. The more I try to stay away from books, the more I want to take a final glance. I even thought of taking the mock again, but then decided against it.
I have never scored beyond 700 in mocks, but I am looking forward to do it in the real thing. However, those 600 figures I got in mocks are haunting me. I mean, who doesn't want to be perfect? I know I have done everything I could have for GMAT. Maybe its not complete, maybe I need a lot more, but that was all I could do. Yet I am petrified. I know no miracle will happen overnight. But they say nothing is impossible (you don't need an antecedent for "they" here...hehe).

I try keep telling myself, that everything is going to be fine, great actually. But again, anxiety gets the best of me.
What should I do? Ohhhh, I didn't know doing nothing would be that hard !!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by GoBlue » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:04 pm
You just need to relax. Sometimes the best thing to do is NOT doing anything. Don't have unrealistic expectations from yourself. Realize that you have tried your best and you are putting your best foot forward. Also, understand that GMAT can be taken multiple times IF needed. GMAT is a part of the big equation, and a mid - high 600's is not a bad score.

Go work out at the gym, take a stroll in the park, watch South Park or listen to New Age CD. Be positive, confident and make sure you get enough rest before the D Day..Good luck to you.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by akhilsuhag » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:17 pm
https://www.beatthegmat.com/practise-tes ... tml#401257

Go through this post.. some of the experts have given invaluable advice. Believe in yourself u r going to rock it.

Waiting for your 700+ debrief.

All the Best.

Akhil
Please press "thanks" if you think my post has helped you.. Cheers!!