Starting from scratch for #2 (#1-590) please help!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I took the GMAT for the first time a few months ago with a half ass study routine (compared to what I am reading on here). I only read Princeton Review Cracking the GMAT and took a few GMAC practice tests which I found useless because they didn't give explanations for the answers. This resulted in a Q/35 V/36 590... and a useless 6.0AW (side note- why do they have you take this if it seems to mean nothing?)

I am ready to really commit and aiming for a 700 with 3 months study. I am from the US so obviously need help in math but verbal as well. My real question is what books I should study and also a successful routine. There are so many books are certain ones good for certain areas and what are the core must reads? I am better with self study and would like something with lots of math problems and thorough answers. If someone could offer advice it would be greatly appreciated!!! Also I'm not up on all the lingo and abbreviations so if you could spell things out it would help :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:21 am
Secondshot wrote:My real question is what books I should study and also a successful routine.
Hi Secondshot,

Routine-wise, a lot of students have benefited from signing up for BTG's 60-day Study Guide: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide.

It helps direct your studies, and it provides many resource options.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by rajeshsources » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:46 am
Secondshot wrote:I am better with self study and would like something with lots of math problems and thorough answers. If someone could offer advice it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Secondshot --

All the best for the preparation!

I'm also going to take my GMAT exactly after 100days from now. So, if you wanna patch up with me. Lets follow the weblog: https://vgmat-running-reading.blocked
where we can share our experience of our daily practice.

"The person that who works the hardest WINS!"
Thanks,
Rajesh