Started studying for my GMAT

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Started studying for my GMAT

by puchku » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:23 am
Hi everyone,

I just started studying for my GMAT. I signed up for private tutoring classes with Manhattan review and they are going well. But for some reason i feel like i should have signed up for classroom classes. My schedule makes it hard for me to study after work. I work in the suburbs and live in the city and commute approx around 3 hours everyday. By the time i get home, i'm super exhausted.
I am on my 3rd class with the tutor and I have 3 classes to go. For some reason doesnt seem like i am utilizing my tutor to the max. since I dont get to study everyday. I want to take my test at the beginning of December but looks like i dont have enough time. I am freaking out and overwhelmed with all the information that I need to know. I took my diagnostic test and lets just say that i did HORRIBLE. I want to get 700+ and need to work hard. I need help with in figuring out how to split my time among different concepts.
Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on how to start studying?
Someone pleaseee help me....

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by ldiffen » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:56 pm
i would get manhattan gmat's 8 books and read them on weekends. they are excellent strategy books that would nicely complement your classes. and then do lots and lots of practice questions.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by puchku » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:35 am
Thank you so much!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by rajeshsources » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:57 am
Puchku---

All the best for the preparation!

I'm also going to take my GMAT exactly after 100days from now. So, if you wanna patch up with me. Lets follow the weblog: https://vgmat-running-reading.blocked
where we can share our experience of our daily practice.

"The person that who works the hardest WINS!"
Thanks,
Rajesh