Anyone familiar with the University of Hawaii's MBA Program?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
I'm planning on applying to UH because of their Japan-Focused MBA program. I haven't seen anything else like it. It offers everything I'm looking for and will provide me opportunities to do what I want to do. I know its not ranked, but I'm not really concerned about that, it still seems like a great school. I'm trying to get some information, which has been difficult because of its non-existent rank. I'd like some first hand experiences if anyone has them.

1. How difficult is it to get in? I have a 3.45 Undergrad GPA from San Diego State University with a 4.0 in all of my major courses. I took a Paralegal Diploma program at NYU and received a 3.85 cumulative GPA. I worked for more than one year at one of the largest law firms in the country, having the opportunity to work on some of the world's largest M&A deals. I worked in NYC and Silicon Valley for this position. Now I work for JPMorgan in the Structured Investments Group. When I apply I'll have about 2 1/2 years post-grad exp. and a little more than 3 by the time classes start. I'm also hoping to get at least a 600 on my GMAT (though I have a bad record with standardized tests).

2. What do my chances look like? On their website they have average GPA of 3.30 and GMAT of 630. The GMAT average seems very high for this kind of school and kind of has me worried. Their range is 570-710, so I'm wondering if that number is not completely accurate.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.