This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request

by vickyrt12 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:06 am
Hello ,

I am Vikas. PFB the details.

Gmat Score:

680(q-50 , v-31 , AWA-4.5)

I have done my engineering in Computer science with 69% aggregate.

Work Experience details:

Internship in HP Labs (5 Months)

I worked as an software engineer in one of the leading software firms for 27 months.

I was one of the topper in the training program conducted by our company.

My first project was was an intitiative taken by my senior in which we developed computer based tutorial, which is used to train all the employees of the account. The team initially had only two people. After we developed the prototype, 3 more resources were allocated to the team. I have trained those new members and lead those 3 till the end of the project.

In my second project, I was a member of an support team that supported the operations of one of the leading mortgage bank in US. My job has to do analyze the problems arised during the operation of the software and provide solution to those problems. It also included writing the requirements. The job required a good analytical skills and a good knowledge of the mortgage domain. I became an important member in the team within a short period and got many appreciations from the managers and the client.

After that I along with some friends have started up a software company, which primarily focuses on developing software for custom requirements. Apart from it we focuses on website designing and web portal developments. The company is over a year old. After joining this firm I have started interacting with many of the clients and brought some projects to the company. I am the main technical lead in the company. Since last 10 months I have been working in this company.

Extra curricular activities:

I have nothing much. As a part of our company initiative we have working towards establishing a NGO for a cause. I am an important member of that. We have done some ground work and it is still in the initial phases of setting it up.

I am interested in specializing in consulting and strategic management.

What are the possibilities of getting into the below colleges?

Indiana University--Bloomington (Kelley)
Ohio State University (Fisher)
Arizona State University (Carey)
University of Wisconsin--Madison
Boston University
University of Rochester (Simon)
Purdue University--West Lafayette (Krannert)
University of Iowa (Tippie)

Please let known if they are any other better colleges where i can give a try . . .

Thanks and Regards,
Vikas

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:47 am
Dear Vikas,

I think your target list is appropriate for your profile. I would not categorize any as necessarily a safety program, but you do have a good chance at any of these schools with a solid, overall package. Be sure to spend time on each piece of the application--you do not want to give the admissions committees any reason to pass on you, only reasons to want you in the class.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me