Experts Please Guide:GMAT1-660,GMAT2-680

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:6 members

Experts Please Guide:GMAT1-660,GMAT2-680

by dhonu121 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:40 am
Hi,
After all those days of studying and multiplexing office with my studies this is what I got.
Studies from a premiere engg college in India and after preparing for GMAT for so many months, this is what I accomplished.
Its been around 1.5 hr when I got to know my score of 680.I am devastated.
680 is not going to get me even near to my dream schools.
I am disappointed to the point that I am feeling highly low of myself to the extent that I think that I don't deserve anything that I got till now and I am contemplating of not thinking about GMAT again in my life.
It has screwed by happiness twice.
I was getting decent scores in preparation tests and all of my friends who graduated with me from the same college have already scored in 720-750 range.
What should I do now ?
I have exhausted all study materials and I was best prepared this time.I was confident in everything and I was dreaming of somewhere around 730-750 so that I can get into my dream school.
Now everything seems to go away into oblivion.
Last edited by dhonu121 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
If you've liked my post, let me know by pressing the thanks button.

Legendary Member
Followed by:123 members
GMAT Score:750

by cans » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:53 am
690 is not bad score. Just don't give up. Check out where you went wrong and don't compare your scores with your friends's scores. And GMAT score is not the only thing that you need for your school. Work on your resume and other aspects. Good luck :)
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

Contact me about long distance tutoring!
[email protected]

Cans!!

by dhonu121 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:58 am
Thanks Cans for the reply but even you know that you would never want such a score.
Being optimistic is good, but I dont want to compromise and get into a B-school where I am not happy.It would be wrong to say what I deserve at this point, but the reason I wrote GMAT2 was that I thought that I deserve something in the range 730+..
I am feeling really low now..

Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:700

by prodizy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:01 am
@dhonu I know exactly how you feel. My exam is in 15 days time and I am getting 630's in my practice scores(I started with a 710 in prep1). If GMAT is as simple as what we thought, what's the point of GMAT? Most people have to go through what we are going through now. You separate yourself from others either by overcoming the situation or by giving up. Choice is yours. All the best.
My journey towards the MBA: https://theroadlesstravellled.blocked/

Legendary Member
Followed by:33 members
GMAT Score:710

by bblast » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:06 am
dhonu121 wrote:Hi,
After all those days of studying and multiplexing office with my studies this is what I got.
Studies from a premiere engg college in India and after preparing for GMAT for so many months, this is what I accomplished.
Its been around 1.5 hr when I got to know my score of 690.I am devastated.
690 is not going to get me even near to my dream schools.
I am disappointed to the point that I am feeling highly low of myself to the extent that I think that I don't deserve anything that I got till now and I am contemplating of not thinking about GMAT again in my life.
I was getting decent scores in preparation tests and all of my friends who graduated with me from the same college have already scored in 720-750 range.
What should I do now ?
I have exhausted all study materials and I was best prepared this time.I was confident in everything and I was dreaming of somewhere around 730-750 so that I can get into my dream school.
Sorry about ur below par score. This is on a lighter note.

If u can pick urself up one more time, I can see u getting a 720. Wanna know how ? You can go through my story and see that u are 10 points clear of me on the first 2 attempts !!Stupid analogy but trying to boost ur moral for another try ! :D . I also scored well in all mocks and fell well short at one time.
Cheers !!

Quant 47-Striving for 50
Verbal 34-Striving for 40

My gmat journey :
https://www.beatthegmat.com/710-bblast-s ... 90735.html
My take on the GMAT RC :
https://www.beatthegmat.com/ways-to-bbla ... 90808.html
How to prepare before your MBA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upz46D7 ... TWBZF14TKW_

Followed by:1 members

by rohit_gmat » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:07 am
okay... firstly 690 is a pretty good score.. seriously.. its the avg of many various good universities... but if its below the "average" of ur target B-schools.. then hey!!... its an AVERAGE...!!! so ppl get lower & higher scores... if i were you... i wud spend the additional time doing other things that can build up my profile to make myself appealing to the ad-com.. how much of a diff do u think it wud make to adcom if say u scored 710 or 700 on ur 3rd attempt??
i dunno which schools u r applyin to.. but if its got a rolling admission, then dun waste ur time on retaking the gmat...
again.. u also have the option of applying & mentioning that you will be re-taking the gmat (before the deadline)...
690 is good!! its so close to 700!...its like saying u're thinkin u got a good bargain from a shopkeeper when u took him down from 200 to 199 !
so congrats for a good GMAT score & gear up n focus on those applications now :)

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Ramneet Singh » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:56 am
What should I do now ?
Hi Dhono what was ur gmatprep score ?

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members

by mundasingh123 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:01 am
Hi Dhonu , Dont Lose Heart . There are guys like bblast to learn from .
I Seek Explanations Not Answers

by dhonu121 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:25 am
rohit_gmat wrote:okay... firstly 690 is a pretty good score.. seriously.. its the avg of many various good universities... but if its below the "average" of ur target B-schools.. then hey!!... its an AVERAGE...!!! so ppl get lower & higher scores... if i were you... i wud spend the additional time doing other things that can build up my profile to make myself appealing to the ad-com.. how much of a diff do u think it wud make to adcom if say u scored 710 or 700 on ur 3rd attempt??
i dunno which schools u r applyin to.. but if its got a rolling admission, then dun waste ur time on retaking the gmat...
again.. u also have the option of applying & mentioning that you will be re-taking the gmat (before the deadline)...
690 is good!! its so close to 700!...its like saying u're thinkin u got a good bargain from a shopkeeper when u took him down from 200 to 199 !
so congrats for a good GMAT score & gear up n focus on those applications now :)
Thanks Rohit.That helped.

by dhonu121 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:26 am
Ramneet Singh wrote:
What should I do now ?
GMATPREP1:740
GMATPREP2:720

Legendary Member

by mundasingh123 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:31 am
dhonu121 wrote:
Ramneet Singh wrote:
What should I do now ?
Are you planning to retake ?
Where did you lose out ? Did you spend too much time somewhere and ended up hurrying at the last moment . This is crazy .They say gmatprep reflects your true score

by dhonu121 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:59 am
mundasingh123 wrote:
dhonu121 wrote:
Ramneet Singh wrote:
What should I do now ?
Are you planning to retake ?
Where did you lose out ? Did you spend too much time somewhere and ended up hurrying at the last moment . This is crazy .They say gmatprep reflects your true score
Currently I am flabbergasted with my performance and dont plan to retake within the next few months.
Not sure if my plan changes in next few months and I plan a retake.

Both the times in above GMATPREP's I got 50 in quant.I considered myself a 51 quant guy.
I thought I would do that in real exam.
I got a really tough 8th question in quant.I took some time and I cracked it.Then I got another difficult question and I again took some more time and I cracked it.This left me dispropotionately little time to do other questions and I am quite sure that I made a lot of other mistakes in further questions.I had to deliberately guess on a few questions just so that I could finish the quant on time.After I finished Quant, I had this idea that I will get a 49 in Quant.I anyway managed calm and thought that I would get a 40 in verbal and compensate for that.I did everything as per plan in verbal but my score showed 35 in it. :(..Bad Luck..

Legendary Member

by mundasingh123 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:34 am
Hi Dhonu , What was your Quant score ? Yes , its all a Matter of chance
Last edited by mundasingh123 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

by dhonu121 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:36 am
mundasingh123 wrote:Hi Dhonu , What was your Quant score ?
Just what I had guessed it would be after I finished with quant, 49. :-/

Legendary Member

by mundasingh123 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:36 am
were the 8th and 9th questions DS ?