Confused about which all B-schools to apply

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for an MBA this year (my second MBA actually). I have arounf 4 yrs of work ex in the research and consulting domain. (from India)

I am looking at applying aroung 10 Bschools this year, but not sure of which all. So, here is my incomplete list

-ISB
-IIM-A
-Chicago
-Stanford

Would be great, if you guys could chip in and help me out on this. I am looking at specialization in marketing and Strategy

Thanks,
SM

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members
surajsagi wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply for an MBA this year (my second MBA actually). I have arounf 4 yrs of work ex in the research and consulting domain. (from India)

I am looking at applying aroung 10 Bschools this year, but not sure of which all. So, here is my incomplete list

-ISB
-IIM-A
-Chicago
-Stanford

Would be great, if you guys could chip in and help me out on this. I am looking at specialization in marketing and Strategy

Thanks,
SM
It clearly depends on the kind of profile you want and the kind of industry you want to work in. If you plan to work in an industry in India, post MBA, which focuses on the Indian market then there is nothing that can beat IIMA and ISB. If you want to work outside India or for a company within India with an international focus then Stanford and Chicago is the way to go.

If you are looking for an international experience I would suggest to also add a few European schools to that list.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by surajsagi » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:06 pm
Thanks for the reply

Can you suggest me some names also

SM

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by gabriel » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:45 am
surajsagi wrote:Thanks for the reply

Can you suggest me some names also

SM
Well in Europe there are several good schools. If you are looking at UK then you have London Business School, Said, Judge, Cranfield School of Management, Cass etc. If you are looking at France you have Insead, EM Lyon, HEC Paris etc. Here go through the Financial Times Ranking for the best European Business Schools https://rankings.ft.com/european-busines ... l-rankings the top 10 -15 schools are excellent IMO.

Cheers :)

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Sat May 03, 2008 6:47 pm
Hey Suraj,

In addition to the schools mentioned, don't forget that many schools now have joint programs with international schools. For example, Wharton has an exchange program with several international programs including Insead. This programs are a great way to study abroad and network with international students and recruiters.

So if there are any international schools that you are consider, check if they have exchange programs with US based schools. This is assuming you want to be in the US for some time.

Regards,

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep