NYU,Zicklin, Rutgers, Fordham for a 530?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

NYU,Zicklin, Rutgers, Fordham for a 530?

by sidsalil » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:45 am
Hi,

Could you please help me out with the following profile evaluation?

GMAT: 530
Strong academics
4 years work experience in financial services industry.

I am mainly looking to do a part time MBA in around NYC. Due to my stellar GMAT score I have started to doubt whether I should even think about applying at one and about my chances at good/decent schools. Based on above do I stand any chance at NYU Stern's part time program? I have heard Zicklin school of Baruch is quite good. Would you throw some light on that and may be a quick comparison of Zicklin/Fordham and Rutgers part time programs?

Please let me know.
Thanks.
Salil.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:44 am
Dear Salil,

There are many good part-time MBA options in the NYC area. If you want to stay in NYC post-MBA, then Zicklin, Fordham, and Rutgers are all solid choices. NYU Stern might be a bit of a stretch, but it is hard to say with certainty as I do not have a complete profile for you. You might talk with an admissions professional at Stern to get a sense of whether your current GMAT is out of range or workable based on solid academics and professional experience. When evaluating all of these programs, I strongly encourage you to visit them, go to class, talk with students, etc., to really learn about the program and see what it would be like to go to school there. That way, you can determine if the school is a good match for you.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me