Profile Eval - Indian Female, GMAT 720

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Eval - Indian Female, GMAT 720

by deepti387 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:51 am
Hi,

I recently wrote the GMAT scoring 720 (Q 48 V 41). I am working in an IT industry and will have a work ex of 3 yrs by june 2012. I am not sure how my GPA converts but have 74% aggregate in my 4 yrs of UG in computer science Engineering. Have and still do actively participate in many extracurricular activities. Been my school and college's editor and cultural team head. Also am a part of the cultural team in my company. I am also a member of the Corporate Social Responsibility team in my company and have been involved in many social activities. I have also taught English in VETA, an english training institute, during my college hols.

I am planning on applying to Kenan Flagler, DUKE, Emory and Kelley. Can you please tell me if my profile is good enough for these universities. Do i stand a chance?!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:41 am
Dear deepti387,

You do have a chance at your target schools based on your profile. However, the decision will be made on your entire application package. Thus you will need to have a strong overall package conveying your rationale for an MBA in relation to your past experience and future career goals. Likewise, you will need to articulate how each program is a good fit for you and how you will contribute to each program.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me