Beatrix Potter

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

Beatrix Potter

by navami » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:53 am
Beatrix Potter, in her book illustrations, carefully coordinating them with her narratives,
capitalized on her keen observation and love of the natural world.
(A) Beatrix Potter, in her book illustrations, carefully coordinating them with her narratives,
(B) In her book illustrations, carefully coordinating them with her narratives, Beatrix Potter
(C) In her book illustrations, which she carefully coordinated with her narratives, Beatrix

Potter
(D) Carefully coordinated with her narratives, Beatrix Potter, in her book illustrations,
(E) Beatrix Potter, in her book illustrations, carefully coordinated them with her narratives
This time no looking back!!!
Navami

Legendary Member

by navami » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:54 am
IMO C
This time no looking back!!!
Navami

Legendary Member
Followed by:123 members
GMAT Score:750

by cans » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:10 pm
IMO C
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

Contact me about long distance tutoring!
[email protected]

Cans!!

Legendary Member
GMAT Score:740

by force5 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:57 pm
Navami you already know the answer but i wanted to address your problem... so i was wondering if you could update if there was anything specific that was troubling you in this question.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:650

by prashant.mishra » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:31 am
Yes, exactly.. I too was wondering ,why was this question brought up if the answer is already known to you and you have no doubts on the same ? Or wait, do you have any doubts?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by sl750 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:37 am
IMO C, The subject Beatrix potter and the verb capitalized are as close as possible

Maybe he forgot to post the answer along with the question when he started the thread

Legendary Member
Followed by:32 members
GMAT Score:760

by avik.ch » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:55 am
This is a very good problem from OG-12. Since this is an official problem, it has been discussed and analyzed in all possible angles.
Since I could not find any specific doubt, I would just recommend you to go through all the past post at manhattan gmat forum and Beat the Gmat. I am sure that you will find something helpful and your doubt will be cleared.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:620

by vinni.k » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:05 am
110% sure answer is C because i attempted this question today in the evening. In choice E "and" is missing. It should be:-

(E). Beatrix Potter, in her book illustrations, carefully coordinated them with her narratives and

Can anyone please explain E because it also looks good

Beatrix Potter, in her book illustrations, carefully coordinated them with her narratives and capitalized on her keen observation and love of the natural world.

Can "them" refers to "illustrations" ? If yes, then "Beatrix Potter carefully coordinated illustrations with her narratives and capitalized on her keen observation and love of the natural world."

I think it is better than choice C, but it is not the answer. How can we eliminate E ? This looks far better than C

In C she carefully coordinated the illustrations.
E also says the same thing, if "them" can refer to "illustrations"

Please explain...

Thanks & Regards
Vinni