great depression

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

great depression

by nafiul9090 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:46 am
By confronting a devastated economy through actions such as creating the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, opening the Securities and Exchange Commission, suspending the gold standard, launching massive public works programs, and improving the morale of a demoralized nation through his fireside chats, First Inaugural address, and other motivational speeches, Franklin Roosevelt both lifted the spirits of Americans across the country and set the United States on a course that helped propel it out of the Great Depression.
A) launching massive public works programs, and improving the morale of a demoralized nation through his fireside chats
B) and launching massive public works programs, and improving the morale of a demoralized nation through his fireside chats
C) and launching massive public works programs, and by improving the morale of a nation demoralized through his fireside chats
D) and through the launch of massive public works programs, and by improving the morale of a demoralized nation through his fireside chats
E) and launching massive public works programs, and by improving the morale of a demoralized nation through his fireside chats

i am confused between A and E

Legendary Member
Followed by:13 members

by aspirant2011 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:01 am
nafiul9090 wrote:By confronting a devastated economy through actions such as creating the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, opening the Securities and Exchange Commission, suspending the gold standard, launching massive public works programs, and improving the morale of a demoralized nation through his fireside chats, First Inaugural address, and other motivational speeches, Franklin Roosevelt both lifted the spirits of Americans across the country and set the United States on a course that helped propel it out of the Great Depression.

A)launching massive public works programs, and improving the morale of a demoralized nation through his fireside chats ---- launching should be ,and launching & in order to keep the sentence parallel we need by in front of improving i.e by doing x and by doing y
B)and launching massive public works programs, and improving the morale of a demoralized nation through his fireside chats
C)and launching massive public works programs, and by improving the morale of a nation demoralized through his fireside chats
D)and through the launch of massive public works programs, and by improving the morale of a demoralized nation through his fireside chats
E)and launching massive public works programs, and by improving the morale of a demoralized nation through his fireside chats

i am confused between A and E
whats the OA?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by nafiul9090 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:05 am
yes oa is E, i didnt figure it out the idiom....by doing X, by doing Y

Legendary Member
Followed by:123 members
GMAT Score:750

by cans » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:28 am
By confronting - By improving.
Launching should be parallel to creating,opening, suspending..
IMO E
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

Contact me about long distance tutoring!
[email protected]

Cans!!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:650

by prashant.mishra » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:25 am
Yes E for sure. Explanation is the same as given by cans.